Application closing date:
7th November 2021
Miraka is an indigenous Māori dairy company based in the heart of New Zealand. We seek the sweetest pasture, the happiest cows, the best farming practices, and the right team to make some of the world’s highest quality milk.
We care for our natural environment and work to build strong resilient communities. We call this process of care and the connection of kaitiakitanga. We are taking action now to create the world we want to see in 100 years’ time. Our vision of 'nurturing our world', reflects a global outlook and is founded on a strong set of values that will ensure sustained prosperity for present and future generations. Leading by example we strive to be World Class in every aspect of our business processes. Our values of Excellence, Kaitiakitanga, Tikanga, Integrity and Innovation guide our business decisions and underpin the interconnected relationships we have with each other and with the natural world.
Our sustainable and renewable geothermal energy manufacturing processes is a unique point of difference for us. Miraka is one of just two dairy factories in the world powered by geothermal energy, using nature’s heat to dry and process our milk products. From the heart of New Zealand, we export our products around the world, producing Powder, UHT and Frozen Milk Concentrate with a low carbon footprint.
We are seeking an experienced Management Accountant to support our Finance team in our Head Office based in Taupo. Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer and part of a high performing team. The role is primarily responsible for the detailed analysis and interpretation of financial results, management of inventory and internal controls and the preparation of management reports which will include the co-ordination of the budgeting and forecasting process.
We wish to hear from you if you have:
• A tertiary qualification in Accounting.
• Ideally 1-2 years minimum experience within a manufacturing environment and preferably in the food industry.
• Previous experience with fully integrated ERP systems and experience with systems development.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong organisational skills, are a good planner and have the ability to meet deadlines.
• High attention to detail and have a focused, rational and analytical thinking approach.
• A self-starter attitude, are motivated and can work both autonomously and in a team environment.
• An ambition to excel in financial management, are always striving for excellence, can deliver KPI’s to reach world class.
• Values which resonate with the Miraka values and are willing to contribute to the wider Miraka team and embrace our unique culture and points of difference.
Our people are the heart of who we are. We are a growing business with an exciting future. Are you ready to take the challenge?
We’re lucky to be based in the heart of New Zealand – Taupo. If you live here, you’ll already know how good we have it. With great schools, affordable housing, and the largest freshwater lake in New Zealand, Taupo has all the amenities you need without the stress of big city living. If you love the outdoors some of the best biking, hiking, and water sports spots are right on your doorstep.