Maintenance Technician - Electrical
Application closing date:
31 October 2021
Are you interested in creating a new career in dairy?
Are you interested in expanding your skillset?
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment?
Do you enjoy problem solving, tinkering and fixing breakdowns?
Miraka is a fast-moving and innovative dairy company making a mark on the world. Our creativity in generating new solutions and opportunities is built on strong values to nurture our natural resources and people for a prosperous future. Leading by example we strive to perform beyond our best every day. Our manufacturing process is powered by sustainable and renewable geothermal energy, this is what sets us apart, delivering premium milk powder and UHT products to a worldwide market from the heart of New Zealand. Our manufacturing site is located at Mokai, 25 minutes northwest of Taupo.
We are seeking a Maintenance Technician – Electrical to join our Engineering Team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager and working a 4 x 4 shift roster, (two-day shifts followed by two-night shifts) and at times changing to day shift during our Winter shuts and at other times during the year to support our operational teams.
In a typical day you’ll be:
• Carrying out preventative maintenance, planned maintenance, work orders.
• Ensuring all routine service requirements are executed.
• Maximising the operational availability and efficiency of all utility supply, milk processing, drying, packing, UHT and other ancillary equipment.
• Supporting process improvement initiatives.
• Ensuring operational compliance.
• Contributing to the achievement of Maintenance Best Practice.
We would love to hear from you if you:
• Have a Trade Certificate as a registered Electrician.
• Have previous experience with computerised maintenance systems.
• Are a strategic thinker and strive for excellence.
• Have a strong health and safety focus.
• Are an adaptable, flexible, and supportive team player.
• Have the ability to build positive relationships with both staff and contractors.
• Have clear and accurate communication skills.
• Are a self-motivated, disciplined and an independent worker.
• Are willing to positively contribute to fostering our Miraka culture by displaying behaviours that are consistent with the Miraka values. .
Preferably you will have previous experience in a manufacturing environment, for example Dairy, Food, Beverage, Packaging, Pharmaceutical or FMCG industries etc. Paired with sound knowledge of HACCP, Quality Systems and exposure to PLC’s would be advantageous.
We’re lucky to be based in the heart of New Zealand – Taupo. If you live here, you’ll already know how good we have it. With great schools, affordable housing, and the largest freshwater lake in New Zealand, Taupo has all the amenities you need without the stress of big city living. If you love the outdoors, some of the best biking, hiking, and water sports spots are right on your doorstep.
Are you up for the challenge?