Application closing date:
1st December 2021
Miraka is an indigenous Māori owned dairy company based in the heart of New Zealand. We care for our natural environment and our vision of 'nurturing our world', reflects a global outlook which is founded on values that guide our business decisions.
Our sustainable and renewable geothermal energy manufacturing process is a unique point of difference for us and by using this alternative energy source lowers our carbon emissions. Situated at Mokai, 30 km northwest of Taupo we export our Powder, UHT and Frozen Milk Concentrates around the world.
Our people are the heart of who we are, we encourage everyone to bring their whole authentic self to work and we believe there is something special about working at Miraka. We are a growing business with an exciting future ahead and we are looking for an experience Environmental Advisor to join our Technical team. You will have the opportunity to make the role your own and support us to lead the way in innovative environmental practices.
You will be responsible for overseeing Miraka’s environmental compliance and operation of the waste treatment plant to support the continuity of manufacturing. You will be ensuring that all quality, safety and environmental regulatory obligations and standards are met and preparing both monthly and annual reports to the Waikato Regional Council.
We wish to hear from you if you:
• Have experience in a similar Environmental Advisory role.
• Have a science or relevant tertiary qualification.
• Understanding of compliance programs across both quality systems and effluent management areas.
• Knowledge of the regulatory and compliance environment for food manufacturing and effluent management.
• Understand the importance of kaitiakitanga and care for the land.
• Can build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
• Are proficient in report writing
• Are self-motivated and can work autonomously.
• Are an adaptable, flexible, and supportive team player.
• Are curious and share a passion for learning.
• Have values which resonate with the Miraka values and are willing to contribute to the wider Miraka team and embrace our unique culture and points of difference.
We’re lucky to be based in the heart of New Zealand – Taupo. If you live here, you’ll already know how good we have it. With great schools, beautiful surroundings and the largest freshwater lake in New Zealand, known for its pristine waters, world-renowned trout fishing, Taupo has all the amenities you need without the stress of big city living. If you love the outdoors some of the best biking, hiking, and water sports spots are right on your doorstep.
If you want to be part of a business that cares for our natural environment and is acting now to create the world, we want to see in 100 years’ time, we would love to hear from you.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa and a Full Drivers Licence.